Thursday, August 20, 2009

The One where I'm going to cut back on coffee

I'll admit it.
I'm addicted to coffee.
I have to have it everyday (although somedays a lot of time goes by before I realize I haven't had any coffee).
I'm okay with needing my daily cup(s), but I was starting to drink my coffee at night, right before bed, after a 5 mile run when I'm hot and sweaty, and it's 300 degrees outside.

In other words, there was no darn good reason why I would need coffee, and yet I craved it. It relaxes me, I like it.
I also sweeten the heck out of it. A 12 ounce mug (I think), and I put in 2 packets of equal AND two individual creamers.

It dawned on me the other day that it seems like every time I turn around, I'm either buying coffee grounds or creamer at the store. I just bought Starbucks ground two week ago in order to help fulfill a rebate offer (10.99 for the pound). Then it turned around and was a loss leader at 6.99/pound the following weekend! Which isn't that big of a deal, I just stocked up at the lower price.

Until I saw that the original pound is ALMOST gone! And it hasn't even been 2 weeks. And my husband only drinks 2 cups per day, which during the week, are not even at my house! He waits until he gets to work to have his precious two cups!

So, I'm going to cut back on the coffee. For starters, I will not have coffee when I return from a run.
Which will transition to no coffee at work.
Which will hopefully transition to no coffee after 12pm, even when I am at work.
Which will hopefully eventually transition to only 2 cups per day.

I can only wish upon a star that one day I'll be disciplined like my husband.
And for the record, I have very excellent blood pressure, and I don't have a problem falling asleep when I drink a cup and then promptly go to sleep. Kind of indicates there a huge tolerance there. I can only hope as I cut back that the tolerance will lessen.

Also for the record, I only drink soda at fast food restaurants, which is EXTREMELY rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment