Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Day of School!!! And the return of the

Crazy Schedule!

First off, the first day of school was a hit. The little bears are now in 5th grade and 3rd grade. It is Bear Tradition to have breakfast for dinner for both the first day of school and the last day of school.

First days of school was a minimum day. They got out of 11:35, but we needed to be back for "Back to School Night" at 6pm. I decided to run before everyone woke up instead of at night. I traditionally take the day off from work on the first day of school. I started running at 5am, only to be stopped by not one but TWO patrol cars.
It seems they were looking for an elderly lady (in her nightgown) who had disappeared from her room at the assisted living facility. I never saw anything in the paper, so I'm assuming that they found her.

Dinner was Omelettes, and for dessert, chocolate chip coffee cake. Since I was in the kitchen for the afternoon, I also took some time to make "chicken-Black Bean filling". I got it from Cooking During Stolen Moments, one of my new favorite sites!

I have printed lots of recipes from her site and have liked all of them so far.

I made the filling and filled several bags that went into the freezer. Quesdaillas with the filling are on the menu for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment